A sublimation tumbler is a type of tumbler that has been decorated using the sublimation process. Sublimation is a process that uses heat and pressure to transfer images from a sublimation-ready print to a variety of substrates, including tumblers. This process allows you to create custom tumblers with your designs, photos, or logos. Do you have an idea of How to Sublimate a Tumbler?
How to Sublimate a Tumbler
Sublimation tumblers are becoming increasingly popular as a way to personalize gifts, promote businesses, or simply add a touch of personality to your everyday belongings. They are also a great way to keep your drinks hot or cold for hours on end.
To sublimate a tumbler, you will need the following supplies:
- The best sublimation printer
- Specialized Sublimation paper
- A heat press or oven
- Heat resistant gloves
- A lint roller
- A tumbler
How to sublimate a tumbler with a heat press
Once you have gathered your supplies, you can begin the sublimation process:
Design your sublimation print.
You can use a sublimation-ready printer to print your design onto sublimation paper. If you do not have a sublimation printer, you can also use a regular printer and then transfer your design to sublimation paper using a heat press.
Prepare the tumbler.
Clean the tumbler with soap and water and then dry it thoroughly. If you are using a heat press, you will also need to wrap the tumbler in a piece of parchment paper to protect it from the heat.
Transfer the sublimation print to the tumbler.
By using a heat press, place the tumbler on the heat press and then place the sublimation print on top of the tumbler. Make sure that the sublimation print is aligned correctly. Close the heat press and set the temperature to 360 degrees Fahrenheit and the time to 60 seconds.
Remove the tumbler from the heat press.
Carefully remove the tumbler from the heat press and let it cool completely.
Your sublimated tumbler is now ready to use!
Here are some additional tips for sublimating tumblers:
- Use a high-quality sublimation printer and paper. This will ensure that your images are sharp and vibrant.
- Make sure that your tumbler is clean and dry before you apply the sublimation print. This will help to prevent the print from peeling or fading.
- If you are using a heat press, make sure that the temperature and time are set correctly. This will help to ensure that the sublimation print is transferred to the tumbler properly.
- Be careful when handling the tumbler after it has been sublimated. The tumbler will be hot, so use heat-resistant gloves.
With a little practice, you can easily sublimate tumblers to create unique and personalized gifts for friends, family, or yourself.